Re: Proud Non-Member of STC -Reply

Subject: Re: Proud Non-Member of STC -Reply
From: Christine Fedruk <CFED44 -at- CBOT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:47:59 -0600

[Andrew, I don't always agree with your postings, but I do enjoy
your turn of phrase... :-) And I work in the city - no trees to punch.]

Just didn't want to let this comment pass without throwing in my
two cents, though. Black & white thinking tends to get us in
trouble -- "STC: love it or leave it!" / "My way or the highway!" / etc..
That's what makes ME hurl. :-) I think there's a lot of room for
different "types" in this field (and in the world in general) -- and if
those of us who are NOT the whining type would step up to the
challenge, our positive influence could change the organization.
Progess happens little by little.

I guess the question then becomes... would your life be better if
STC was a more dynamic, respected, supportive organization? if
the publications had more substance and less silliness? If your
answer is yes, what could you do to help make that happen?

Have a happy Thursday...
Christine
Chicago, IL

* Be the change you want to see in the world. --M.K.Gandhi *

>>> <aplato -at- EASYSTREET -dot- COM> 01/15/98 12:12am >>>
... <snip>
STC is a good idea that just does not work. There are too many
sour apples spoiling it for the rest of us who work our ass off and
like to write. I say it is about time the lazy, whiners leave STC
and the technical communications profession!

But these are just my opinions. I could be wrong. And like I said,
if you're offended by this -- go punch a tree or something.

Andrew Plato