Re: PageMaker vs Word

Subject: Re: PageMaker vs Word
From: David Manney <dmanney -at- BABSON-BROS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:25:30 -0600

> Melissa Hunter-Kilmer wrote:
> "... but I have never, ever had a problem with my files, and I always
> store them on
> the server."
>
> In a networked environment, where else but.

>Are you saying that one should always store one's files on the server?
>Does this give anyone else a shiver down their spine?

>Tracy

Even though it sounds illogical to do this, it is a smart thing to do. Too
many times a co-worker has had their hard drive crash, thereby losing a ton
of data. If you were to save items on a server, a systems tech should be
savvy enough to do a daily backup which would keep at least a recent copy
of your jobs.

Regards,
David Manney
Technical Writer/Illustrator