Zip Drive

Subject: Zip Drive
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 20:46:24 -0500

Beth Stolper <stolper -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL> wrote:

>I'm considering purchasing a zip drive for transfering large >files (>5 MB) between computers.

I use an old Syquest drive myself. I got it because it was cheap, but
also because it holds 135 megabytes, rather than 100 (the new Syquests
hold 270).

It's extremely handy, especially since I use a boot manager, with two C
partitions (one for Windows, one for OS/2) which can't see the other
when one is in use.

It's also very handy for archiving and delivering files to clients.
Moreover, because it's older technology, the disks are extremely cheap.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 687-2133 X. 269

"And if my service is easily bought,
My faith has never been."
--The Men They Couldn't Hang, "Bounty Hunter"