Job posting: Online Help Editor, Seattle WA USA - staff, on-site

Subject: Job posting: Online Help Editor, Seattle WA USA - staff, on-site
From: Teri Spevak <teris -at- WRQ -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 16:35:48 GMT

Online Help Editor

WRQ makes software for connecting and managing personal computers on
corporate networks. We are currently looking for an Online Help Editor, who
will work with other editors, technical publishing, and writers to ensure
that all of our product help receives an editorial review, with a focus on
consistency, style, and functionality (usability).

Responsibilities include:

Editing Windows help for all of WRQ's software

Checking online content against the actual software
(test procedures, compare documentation and user interface)

Spotting and correcting formatting errors

Making global edits to a help project

Indexing

The successful candidate will have:

3+ years technical writing or editing experience

Excellent knowledge of English

The ability to adapt to evolving products and technologies

The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with
frequent deadlines

Facility with software

Preferred skills include:

Software industry experience

Experience with host environments (HP, DEC, UNIX, or IBM)
and PC desktop platforms.

An understanding of networks and programming languages

To find out more about us and what it's like to work at WRQ, see our home
page at http://www.wrq.com. WRQ values diversity in its work teams and is
committed to equal opportunity.

To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter to:

WRQ
1500 Dexter Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109
Attention: Employment
Fax: (206) 217-9347
Email: resume -at- wrq -dot- com

Please note in your cover letter that you are applying for the Online Help
Editor position.