Re: telecom as part of contract

Subject: Re: telecom as part of contract
From: John Posada <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:35:38 -0500

I believe that any company would welcome this type of telecommuting with open arms.

The difference between the two is "I want to work at home when I could work in the office because of XXX" However, both you and management will have an understanding of what xxx is though they will probably be different.

OTOH, I need to work at home because I cannot get in and if I don't, the deadline will be missed. Now THIS management can understand.

It's odd. I've worked on four assignments since becoming a contractor and all four of them had a policy that you could telecommute, work in the office, (or work from the beach in Bermuda as far as anyone cared), we don't care as long as the job gets done. All four had an infrastructure set up to connect to the network from the outside and one in fact gave (loaned) everyone laptops (including contractors) just so they COULD work out of the office. In fact, two of them were pushing "hoteling" so they wouldn't even have to dedicate an office for each person. I wonder if the fact that three of them were in telecommunications had anything to do with it.

John Posada