Re: Bribing Corporate Clients; was Billing Problems...

Subject: Re: Bribing Corporate Clients; was Billing Problems...
From: Andrew Plato <aplato -at- EASYSTREET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 14:45:19 -0800

Yikes, by no means did I intend to suggest any form of bribery. I was
merely pointing out that often corporate rules are not written in stone.
Senior level people can and do bend their company rules often. This is a
natural part of business. Contracting rules are often treated as guidelines
to keep things ethical -- not unwavering commandments handed down from God.

I also meant to suggest that the people in the decision-making positions
often have the authority to get you around all the paperwork. Don't be
afraid ask them upfront to wave you through because you're a small company
and cannot afford all the insurance, temp agency fees, etc. Lots of times,
if they like you, they are more than willing to negotiate a beneficial
relationship that can save you lots of money.

This one executive I "befriended" likes my work, and he knows how tough it
is for small companies, like mine, to get jobs and make money. Therefore,
he gives me a break. He contracts with me and does not make me go through a
temp agency or have an outlandish amount of insurance. I still have to sign
all the NDAs and such, but I get the jobs without having a lot of
middle-men. He dislikes the bureaucracy as much as I do, so it is a
beneficial relationship.