Database Publishing Research Help

Subject: Database Publishing Research Help
From: Tracey Langenbach <Tracey_Langenbach -at- DELUXEDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 08:33:50 -0600

My company is in the early stages of investigating database publishing.
We're considering putting pieces of information for an ISO messaging format
in a database and then combining the pieces in various ways depending on
the specific need. We'd even consider sending the entire database and
allowing the users to perform the searches themselves.

Before we do this, we want to know what we're getting into and if it's
worth the effort. I'm charged with finding out:

Under what circumstances do you use database publishing?
How do you go about implementing it?
Is the payback worth the investment?

If anyone has any experience in this area or can help me find sources to
help with my investigation, I would greatly appreciate it. Please e-mail
me at tracey_langenbach -at- deluxedata -dot- com -dot-

Thanks!