Re: Billing Problems with Corporate Client

Subject: Re: Billing Problems with Corporate Client
From: Jon Leer <jleer -at- LTC -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 15:58:25 -0400

This is ridiculous but common. The notorious "approved vendor list" is a
great way for large companies to get rid unknown vendors. Getting on the
list is an elusive process (e.g., I have never gotten a straight answer out
of Digital regarding how to get on their list).

However, your comments regarding working through an agency is more than
simply whose name is being used. It has tax consequences. Almost always the
agency requires that you work under a W2 arrangement. Whereas, 1099 terms
allow you to get the full fee and pay taxes per your own arrangement with
the IRS.

Jon Leer

P.S. I would like to hear more from other members of the list regarding
getting on a company's approved vendor list.