(no subject)

Subject: (no subject)
From: Marcus Bradley <mdb3 -at- NETCOMUK -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 21:36:11 +0000

To all Technical Communicators at TECHWR-L

Attached you will find a questionnaire regarding The Role of Technical
Communicators in the Design and Production of Internet WWW sites.

I require this information for a dissertation in Technical Communication
at Coventry University UK.

The attachment is in plain text form called Quest.txt, and so should be
readable on most platforms. I would be grateful if you would complete
and
return it to the mdb3 -at- netcomuk -dot- co -dot- uk

Note: Only reply direct to my e-mail address, not to TECHWR-L.

Grateful thanks to all who respond.
------
Marcus Bradley
Technical communicators and the world wide web

The purpose of this simple questionnaire is to determine to what extent
Professional Communicators are employed in the production of Internet
WWW sites as a part of their normal role.

Please type your answers directly into the text on the line
below the question.

Q1: What is your primary role in the field of Technical Communications

A1:

Q2: Is your company or employer represented on the WWW with
a home site? (yes/no)

A2:

Q3: If the answer to Q1 is yes, do you have any involvement in
the production of the site content? (yes/no)

A3:

Q4: If you are involved in any WWW site production in a professional
capacity, either in your current position or otherwise, what
elements are you responsible for?

A4: Please place yes or no next to each element.

a) Overall design and conception:

b) Textural content:

c) Graphical content:

d) HTML coding:

e) Java scripts:

f) Active X components:

g) Email:

h) Other documents available from site such as FAQ sheets,
PDF files etc. (please state which).

Q5: How important do you perceive the WWW to
be in your role as a Technical Communicator?

A5: Please place YES beside one of the following, or leave blank
if you have no opinion.

Great importance:
Some importance:
Little importance:
No importance:

Please comment on your answer.

Q6: Have you ever received any formal training in the production
of any elements of WEB site design and production?

A6: Please give details.

Thank you for your time spent in completing this questionnaire, feel
free to add any further comments that you deem to be relevant.
Please attach the completed form in an email direct to:

mdb3 -at- netcomuk -dot- co -dot- uk