COMMENT Re: Microsoft Doublespeak on Word 97

Subject: COMMENT Re: Microsoft Doublespeak on Word 97
From: Peter Joseph Dranchuk <dranchuk -at- COMPUSMART -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 00:14:34 -0700

Dear Avi,

I would just like to say thank you for your posting on Word 97. I was
thinking of basing my next computer purchase around a Windows Machine, and
MS Word, but have heard much unsubstantiated complaint about Microsoft
products. It was relieving to see information on MS with real teeth. It
really tipped the scales for me.

I don't believe I will be going with a Windows Machine now.

Peter Joseph Dranchuk
Writer
dranchuk -at- compusmart -dot- ab -dot- ca

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 12:21:15 -0800
From: "Jacobson, Avi (PBD)" <Avi -dot- Jacobson -at- PBDIR -dot- COM>
Subject: Microsoft Doublespeak on Word 97 Numbering Bug

Several posters, in separate but related threads in this list, have
expressed their opinions on some of the bugs which plague Word 97.
<snip>
Where does that leave us? With an expensive, buggy, piece of software
which works a lot worse than its previous version; with some bugs that
have been patched and repatched but have not totally been resolved; with
Microsoft admitting its support site is ringing off the wall and
referring frustrated users who seek assistance to a "support" facility
that appears to have been deliberately disabled; and with an admission
that there is a "problem" and a suggested "workaround", along with the
silly assurance that this problem is by design.

Where do you want to go today?

--
Avi Jacobson, email: Avi -dot- Jacobson -at- pbdir -dot- com | When an idea is
or: AviJ -at- amdocs -dot- com | wanting, a word
| can always be found
Opinions are those of the poster, =NOT= of | to take its place.
Amdocs, Inc. or Pacific Bell Directory. | -- Goethe