Re: Comment--My Best Christmas Present

Subject: Re: Comment--My Best Christmas Present
From: JIMCHEVAL <JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 21:58:14 EST

In a message dated 97-12-24 15:02:27 EST, AnnMacknz -at- AOl -dot- com writes:

<< Remember the thread of a week or so ago when writers were fiercely debating
whether postings on the net would be fair game when looking for a job or
employee? I'm going to remember the name of Chris Tonjes just enough to be
sure not to get into a working situation with it.

Good LORD, but a bit of Xmas banter has gotten nasty fast...

While I'm a bit dismayed by Mr. Tonjes' tone as well, is this debate really
what we want in the archive for future generations?

Time to give this a general repose, no? I believe Xmas, Channukah and Kwanza
would all tend towards consigning such unpleasantries to a blissful oblivion,
rather than roasting the chestnuts of our rage in unrelenting flame.

Jim Chevallier*
LA/NYC
*Please address all blood-curdling remarks about French ancestry OFF-LIST!
Visit Chez Jim: Jim Chevallier's Home Page - http://www.gis.net/~jimcheval