Downsizing (literally) the manuals: some results

Subject: Downsizing (literally) the manuals: some results
From: Ron Rothbart <ron -dot- rothbart -at- DOCUMENTUM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 15:51:29 +0800

A couple of weeks ago I posted a question about the costs and benefits of
downsizing manuals from 8.5 x 11 to 7 x 9 inches or thereabouts (7.5 x 9
seems the most common size). I said that someone from marketing was asking
me for some hard data.

I also asked a colleague in our Usability group to post a similar question
to utest, the usability testing mailing list.

We got a lot of interesting responses. I appreciated all of them, but only
two or three, all from utest, really qualify as the kind of "data" that
marketing was looking for. FYI, here they are: