Job--part-time, telecommute-Technical Editor/Writer, RTP, NC

Subject: Job--part-time, telecommute-Technical Editor/Writer, RTP, NC
From: Sarah O'Keefe <okeefe -at- SCRIPTORIUM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 10:33:16 -0500

Hi all,

We're looking for a part-time writer/editor. Specifics follow.

Thanks!

Sarah O'Keefe

PS Sorry about the cross-posting.

****

Technical Editor/Writer

Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc., provides technical documentation
services to high-tech companies. We need a part-time technical
editor/writer to join our team. Candidates in the Triangle area of North
Carolina are preferred.

This is a telecommuting position.

For more information about Scriptorium Publishing, see our web site at
http://www.scriptorium.com.

Requirements:

outstanding technical writing and editing skills, including production editing
experience writing and editing documentation for complicated software and
hardware products
experience writing and editing for various media, such as print, online
help, PDF, and WWW
a minimum of three years experience as a technical writer or editor
the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
at least intermediate knowledge of FrameMaker
the ability to work productively as part of a team without direct supervision
experience using Internet protocols (email, ftp, WWW)
the ability to meet deadlines
the ability to work with a wide variety of people and interact
professionally with clients
an excellent attitude and a sense of humor

Pluses:
technical illustration skills, expert knowledge of FrameMaker, experience
with RoboHelp and Adobe Acrobat, book and graphic design skills, technical
training experience

To apply, please send your resume in either ASCII (text) or Adobe Acrobat
format to okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com -dot- If you have a web-based resume, feel free
to submit the URL. Word documents will not be accepted.

About Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.

Scriptorium Publishing provides technical documentation services to
high-tech companies. Our dedicated, professional staff provides on-demand,
project-based documentation services to various clients. We offer our
clients the continuity of working with the same professionals, without
requiring them to hire us; in fact, we prefer it that way, because we get
to work on a wide variety of challenging, interesting projects. We are not
a body shop, and we do not provide temp-to-perm placement.

Sarah O'Keefe Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com http://www.scriptorium.com
Carolinas FUN web page http://www.scriptorium.com/fun.html