Intranet project advice

Subject: Intranet project advice
From: Joe Sokohl <jsokohl -at- CAMPBELLSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:20:08 -0600

Hi all!

HR is wanting an intranet. They've gone to IS to come up with a
prototype. Main purpose of the intranet is access to documents
different departments define (how's THAT for alliteration!?). Also,
it's to be a way to keep diff. departments informed.

Here's my problem: I maintain the Web site and other things HTML (HTML
Help, for example). Also, I create standards & process descriptions
for projects. I'm afraid this project will proceed w/out standards nor
input from me...until it's too late.

My request for info: Anyone know of references to
methodologies/advice/ style guides (?) for intranet-specific topics?
Anyone have any guidelines for intranet projects? Anyone have any
articles/books re: intranets they'd recommend?

Oh--since I subscribe digest, if you could possibly also reply by
e-mail, I'd appreciate it....

Thanks,

joe
Joe Sokohl
Manager of Documentation
Campbell Software, Inc.
http://www.campbellsoft.com
"It ain't the end of the world
It's just the wreck of the Barbie Ferrari."
_______John Hiatt

The opinions expressed in this mail are mine.
They don't necessarily represent Campbell Software or any of its
affiliates.