Re: Microsoft shenanigans

Subject: Re: Microsoft shenanigans
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 16:41:28 -0600

I use IE4 with NT 4.0 and have no problems whatsoever. In fact, I am
basing my programming manual on IE4's VBScripting and dynamic HTML
capabilities. Both these capabilities allow the document to be
interactive. I can drive the application through the HTML document.
For example, I am currently writing a chapter on how to customize the
application menu(s) through automation. If the user has IE4, a VBScript
allows them to customize the application menu right through controls in
the HTML document.

I also have numerous code examples with a RUN button. Pressing the RUN
button in the HTML document drives the application using the example
code.

Mike

Michael Wing (mailto:mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com)
Principal Technical Writer
Intergraph Corporation; Huntsville, Alabama
http://www.ingr.com/iss/products/mapping/
(205) 730-7250