Washington Post

Subject: Washington Post
From: Russ Shade <rshade -at- FAST -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 22:02:54 -0500

>Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:31:10 -0500
>From: Don Sargent <don -dot- sargent -at- TEMPLATE -dot- COM> asked...
>Subject: Not Wanted--Technical Writers

What do you think?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPlate/1997-12/15/003l-121597-idx.html

A> The examples used by the author were really *bad* pieces of technical
writing.

B> I resent being described as "entrenched" when every employer I've ever
worked for has insisted on a particular style... some moreso than others.
The material I'm writing now, while perfectly adapted to the market for
which it is intended, would bore the pants off anyone else.

C> Just for the record, I have written poetry, have composed (and
performed) rock songs, play the banjo, and embrace radical politics. None
of those leanings have had any discernible effect on my technical writing
(well, sometimes I hum).

My boss reads this list regularly. I won't add anything else.

Russ Shade