Re: Anonymous posts

Subject: Re: Anonymous posts
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 19:14:01 -0500

Denise Winkelman wrote (in part):
>BTW, Pat is right. Had anonymous not remained anonymous, I could have
>contacted him or her directly, which is exactly what I intended to do,
but
>couldn't.

Anonymous does not mean totally unknown and unreachable. If someone
has a legitimate response to an anonymous posting but which they feel
may not be appropriate to post to the entire list for some reason, I'd
be
surprised if Eric would refuse to forward the response to the original
poster.
The original poster's anonymity would still be protected unless/until
they
make an explicit choice to reply directly to the responder. I'll admit
that
this kind of thing could get out of hand pretty quickly if a listowner
allows
highly provocative anonymous posts, but I think Eric is judicious enough
that there is little danger of that on this list.

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com