Frame sidehead bug

Subject: Frame sidehead bug
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 19:27:16 -0600

I'd like to thank everyone who sent me information yesterday about
creating a background color for text -- the almost-universal response
was to create the paragraph in a table, which I have done.

Now I have a new question. (A number of people recommended that I
subscribe to the Frame mailing list, which I've done, but I didn't
alias the address, so I can't send mail to it until I receive some.)

I've seen a number of comments about a sidehead bug, which I ignored
because I wasn't using Frame (silly me). I just changed the text box
on a master page (a stand-alone master page for the first page of the
chapter). I created room for sideheads; on the master page everything
looks fine. When I go to the actual document page, the text fills up
the entire area, including the sidehead space. Have I done something
wrong, or is this the bug biting me? And what's the workaround for
this?

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"Speak not to me of pasta Marinara.
I know we laid in lots of boar last Tuesday.
I am the king now, and I want a sandwich." -- John M. Ford