Re: DB? What's it stand for?

Subject: Re: DB? What's it stand for?
From: William E Newkirk <wenewkir -at- MBNOTES -dot- CCA -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 12:36:22 -0500

D subminiature connector, B size shell, 9 pin insert.

Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 16:55:28 -0600
From: Julie <nobozos -at- SOUND -dot- NET>
At 11:36 AM 12/13/97 -0600, STaylor wrote:
>What does the DB stand for in DB-9, as in a "DB-9 serial connector"?
I don't know for sure, but I think it stands for "Desktop Bus." I do
know
that a DIX connector (used on thicknet coaxial cable) is a
Digital-Intel-Xerox connector, because those 3 companies teamed up to
develop it.
Julie, digging around on her desk for her networking book

Bill Newkirk
Collins General Aviation Division Publications Department
Rockwell Collins, Inc., Melbourne Florida
wenewkir -at- collins -dot- rockwell -dot- com