Re: seer internship

Subject: Re: seer internship
From: Megan McMacken <mcmackme -at- FRC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 08:54:51 -0500

>Maybe I shoud've explained that this internship was posted on a list for
>students in a masters program for technical communications.
>
>Maybe $10 an hour is good for undergrads with no bills and no experience...
>I probably would've thought it was a lot back then too.

It's possible to live on $10 an hour even if you do have bills to pay and
loans to pay off. It might not always be fun, and you might not be able to
buy everything you want, but for an internship that's going to last probably
no more than a year, it would be bearable to live cheaply on $10 an hour.

On the other hand, it depends on what part of the country you're living in.
In Michigan, most of the techcomm jobs are here in the metro-Detroit area
and it's hard to find a decent 1-bedroom apartment for less than $650 a
month. At $10 an hour you'd best find yourself a roommate or else be
willing to live on mac-n-cheese seven nights a week.

Megan E. McMacken, Electronic Documentation
FANUC Robotics North America, Inc.
Rochester Hills, Michigan
phone: (248) 377-7948
fax: (248) 377-7363
email: megan -dot- mcmacken -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com
"The best thing in life is definitely free..." -BTR