Re: Interns@ $10 an hour

Subject: Re: Interns@ $10 an hour
From: "Parker, Cassandra M. (EXCH)" <CMPARKER -at- INTERMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 17:19:16 -0500

John,

Thank you so much. I think what you said is good.

Every job is not going to pay $40 and $50 an hour and for those who do
not make that kind of money, it can be depressing. Many people who do
make that kind of money have been in the field for quite some time and
have many, many years of experience under their belts.

You have to start some where and I agree for an Intern position
(depending on the level of writing, workload, and size of the company)
$10 is not bad.

I make more than $10 but definitely not $50 and I have years of
experience behind me. I have been with my present company for only five
months and I have already received an increase. Many times you have to
get in the door and then show everyone what you can do and what you are
made of. Now, once you are there and doing a good job, you should
definitely see an increase.

Thanks again,

Cassie