Re: Frame, HTML Transit

Subject: Re: Frame, HTML Transit
From: Debbie Molinaro <debbiem -at- UCS -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 20:53:32 -0500

> We are trying to convert some existing FrameMaker 5.0 documents to
> HTML. We've found a product called HTML transit that can do the
> conversion. Not surprisingly, Transit is having trouble with graphics,
> and with complex page layouts (sidebars), and it is totally choking on
> embedded OLE objects.

I don't know if this will work for you, and I'm not even sure that this is
your problem, but if it helps...

HTML Transit is made (at least it was a few years ago) by the same folks
who make Guide Professional Publisher. We bought Guide several years back
and it also had a hard time with (native FrameMaker) graphics. Their tech
support and training people said they were sorry, but their product was not
engineered to deal with native Framemaker graphics. (It preferred
referenced *.wmf files, if I'm remembering correctly) Just as a fluke, I
tried copying the graphic in FrameMaker (Ctrl+C) and pasting in Guide and
bingo, it worked.

A note about the Guide product: We had to ensure that EVERY paragraph was
free from overrides.

Good luck,
Debbie

Debbie Molinaro