Help with pricing a freelance RoboHELP project

Subject: Help with pricing a freelance RoboHELP project
From: cyd dunning <c_dunning -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 09:29:41 PST

Greetings, Techwhirlers

I'm a full-time tech writer, not a freelance writer, but I have the
opportunity to do a freelance RoboHELP project for a former employer. I
used to be their lone tech writer, and now they have none. (It's a long
story.)

I'm not sure what to charge them. I tend to underestimate my worth, so I
thought I'd check with the knowledge base here. Here's some of the
particulars:

* I don't own a copy of RoboHELP, but they'll provide one.
* I'm familiar with RoboHELP, but I've never completed an entire project
(mapping files, etc.).
* I intend to work on this project on weekends, evenings, and possibly
one work day per week.
* I'm familiar with their product and the programmers, but this is a new
software program.
* They want to pay on a per/hour basis and I'm not sure how to estimate
the time or what to charge per hour.

Please HELP!! TIA ;-)

Cheers,

Cyd