Looking for process software recommendations

Subject: Looking for process software recommendations
From: Chris Silker <csilker -at- MEANS -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 08:54:00 -0600

Hi all. We're starting a big project to document the customer impacting
processes in our organization. We're looking for a software package that
allows us to create and easily update process diagrams and related text
(external to the process diagrams). We've used Visio and Word in the past,
and would like something a little less cumbersome (not only do we have to
redraw Visio diagrams when we make even small changes, we've also had
problems keeping the diagrams and the external text consistent when we make
changes). Some of the packages I'm trying to obtain more information about
include COOL: Biz and ProVision Workbench.

Comments and suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Chris Silker
csilker -at- means -dot- net
Business Analyst
MEANS Telcom, Inc.