Re: Pictures in Word 97

Subject: Re: Pictures in Word 97
From: "Tahmaseb, Charity (C) (STP)" <charity -dot- tahmaseb -at- GUIDANT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 16:19:01 -0600

In my haste to answer, I e-mailed Candlin directly. Here's my response
for the rest of the list:

What you're describing sounds like screen print "a" was pasted into the
document using the paste special command with the "float over text"
check box marked. The other two sound like they were pasted in with
this option turned off.

If you're working in Word 97, click on "b" or "c" and then click the
right mouse button. Choose "Format Picture" and then "Position". Click
the "float over text" check box. You'll noticed that you can position
the picture from here, or you can close the window and move the screen
print around with the mouse.

A side note, if you're doing a lot of complicated formatting with these
documents and going back and forth between Word 6/95 and Word 97, you
may be setting yourself up for a lot of aggravation. The Word 97 online
help has a couple of pages devoted to what happens when you save down a
level (nothing good, let me tell you). We've been struggling with this
problem for a while and will continue to do so until everybody is
upgraded.

Charity

Charity Tahmaseb
Technical Writer
Guidant Corporation / CPI
E-202, 4100 Hamline Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55112-5796