Pictures in Word 97

Subject: Pictures in Word 97
From: Candlin Dobbs <SturtivC -at- KOCHIND -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:15:00 -0600

Hi --

I know someone out there knows the answer to this...

I have a document probably written in '97 and saved in 6.0/'95. It has
3 screen prints in it. I don't know how these were originally created
or inserted.

When I click on screen print "a", the selection marks around the outside
are white rectangles, my cursor changes to a four-pointed arrow, and I
can move "a" around.

When I click on "b" or "c", the selection marks are black rectangles, my
cursor doesn't change, and I don't seem to be able to reposition them.

Could anyone tell me what the difference is between these two graphic
objects? Word certainly sees a difference, even though it is not
apparent to me. How can I reposition the second type?
What should I be telling the programmers about inserting screen prints?
(These are documents written by the programmers for themselves -- I'm
only doing some "clean-up" and putting together some standards and ideas
for improvements...)

Thanks for your help

--Candlin