Re: W2 status - British equivalent

Subject: Re: W2 status - British equivalent
From: Madelaine Davidson <mdavidson -at- EUR -dot- KO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:43:02 +0100

Following Richard Yanowitz information about where US freelance tech
writers can obtain help on contracts, grievances, help benefits, etc ....

If you are a British freelance tech writer (or a permanently employed one,
come to that), the National Union of Journalists (NUJ) provides similar
benefits. It also helps with legal problems, such as collecting fees that
are not paid and unfair dismissal cases.

NUJ membership is open to anyone who works in written, broadcast, or
electronic media, in any department or role (including computer support,
production, design and graphics, copy-editors, writers, announcers, etc,
but excluding clerical staff unless at least 50 % of their work is
editorial/design/production/computer support). It has a special branch for
people who work on books and journals.

The NUJ is also open to people freelancing for, or employed by,
organizations in Europe, if those organizations a.) are primarily owned by
a British company, or B.) work primarily in supplying English-language

Drop me a line if you are interested in hearing more:



MadelaineD -at- aol -dot- com

Telephone: +44 - 07050041791 (any time, global connection)

Madelaine Davidson

PS I've been working in technical documentation for more than 20 years.
Don't think the term "Goddess" would fit any more. Can I become a guru
instead?, or

Previous by Author: Automation
Next by Author: pdf files to word
Previous by Thread: Re: Help with Online Help
Next by Thread: ISO9000 (continued)

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads