Digital Photoshop Course ??!!

Subject: Digital Photoshop Course ??!!
From: Kelly Plamp <kellysue -at- KELLY-SUE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 02:04:41 -0800

Hello, All -

I have left the entirety of the announcement intact below for reference.

Does anyone have a problem with this besides me?? It looks like a scam. Nowhere does it say what company is offering this "course via email". The name of the instructor is not mentioned. The announcement talks about emailing projects with step-by-step instructions - but what good are step-by-step instructions unless you learn some of the concepts behind the steps? No concepts are mentioned. For example, steps for creating a soft shadow are readily available from the Help menu that comes with the software. This looks to me like a blatant attempt to get $100 out of 100 people by some AOL customer who wants a bit of extra cash.

I have taken a couple online/email courses through Ziff-Davis that I thought were really good, for example, "Writing Basic HTML Code" (several years back) but all of the above information was not only included, but highlighted in the advertisement.

I would hope this list wouldn't pass along half-baked scams as though they were professional distance learning workshops!

Am I missing something??

Best regards,
Kelly Plamp
(Notice how I refrained from commenting on the typos in the advert, as well?? =D)

This is the original advertisement: