Re: Defining Hypertext Link

Subject: Re: Defining Hypertext Link
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 20:51:12 GMT

I would put "hypertext link" in the parens, with the definition spelled
out first. Something like

"The tools must also enable writers to mark words or areas of the final
document where readers could click to see other text, graphics, or
documents (hypertext linking)."

Len

In article <347C82C9 -dot- 52B1 -at- pacbell -dot- net>, Shorter Rankin <srank -at- PACBELL -dot- NET>
writes:
|> Barb Ostapina wrote:
|> >
|> > Does anybody have a quick definition of hypertext link? I'm using the
|> > phrase in a proposal to management for better technical communications
work
|> > tools, and I think they might not know what it means. I can't think of a
|> > few good words to stick in parentheses next to it to define it. Thanks for
|> > your thoughts.
|> > --B
|> >
|> > barb -dot- ostapina -at- metromail -dot- com
|> > In now sunny Lombard, Illinois.
|>
|> How about 'jump to another document'?
|> Ignoring that the link could be another place in
|> the same document, but it gets the point across
|> quickly.

[...]