converting Word 6 docs to Word 7

Subject: converting Word 6 docs to Word 7
From: Kristen Lorenz <klor -at- INTFACE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 13:24:34 -0500

Hi everybody,

Because we have a new logo and want to print all of our manuals in an 8
1/2 x 11 format, I have to change the page size on a bunch of old
documents from 1995. (We still provide these documents to customers who
have this particular version of our software). They were done in Word 6
on a Windows 3.1 platform. I have Word 7 on Windows 95.

These documents convert, but the font is now courier 12pt, all heading
markings are lost, any screen shots are lost, and the formatting is
altered.

Is this just the way it is, and I am stuck reformatting all bizillion
pages for these manuals?? I tried searching the archives, but to no
avail. There's no way out of doing this at this point. This could take
me into January - I could not do any other projects.

If anyone could suggest an alternative to my reformatting nightmare -
please let me know.

Thanks a lot!!

Kristen
klor -at- intface -dot- com