Secondary Help windows

Subject: Secondary Help windows
From: Janet Ring <janet -at- LIVEPICTURE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 15:43:36 -0800

I've been using secondary Help windows extensively when I develop online Help for Windows 95/NT. From my own education and research, this is standard practice and helps reduce text density, as well as enables the user to view one specific task while working.

One of the other tech writers in my group is advocating for not using secondary windows, saying that "some people don't like them."

I'd like some feedback from other professionals about this and how you make your choices about topic length and using secondary windows.

Thanks,
Janet

Janet Ring (408) 430-4333
Technical Writer janet -at- livepicture -dot- com
Live Picture, Inc.
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
http://www.livepicture.com

Posts: mailto:techwr-l -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu Commands: mailto:listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g. SIGNOFF TECHWR-L) Archives: http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html, http://www.documentation.com/, or http://www.dejanews.com/ Subjects: JOB:, QUESTION:, SUMMARY:, ANNOUNCE:, or none of these.