Re: Dummies books and more on "Idiot Audience"

Subject: Re: Dummies books and more on "Idiot Audience"
From: Pat Gantt <pagantt -at- POSTOFFICE -dot- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 13:22:18 -0500

> I was using computers before most of the people on this
> list were born and I own several Dummies books, including
> a well-used Windows 95 for Dummies.

Been at computin' over 14 years myself.Hardware/software apps.

I have several Dummy books. One of my favs.
is the one for UNIX. Good stuff and *funny*.

People with poorly developed egos and no
sense of humor have trouble w/ the titles.
Not me. No ego. Plus *everyone* has to start
somewhere right? Not to mention the level
of tech. detail is hitting us at an exponential
rate. Everyone needs reference books that
quickly give us sustinct answers.

Another great publishing series are the Que books.
Definitely my choice as an instructor college level
for texts.

Another great author is the Capron series
(hands-on discovery method).

T. Gantt
pagantt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net