Re: sources on freelance tech writing, esp rates

Subject: Re: sources on freelance tech writing, esp rates
From: Peter Kent <techwr -at- ARUNDEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 19:57:46 -0700

> Assuming you are not a shill for Peter Kent <wicked grin>:

> Run, do not walk, to pick up a copy of "Making Money in
> Technical Writing" ISBN 0-02-861883-1 by Peter Kent. The new
> edition is just out. This book will answer all of your
> questions
> and more. At $16.95 US (list price) you just cannot afford to
> be
> without it.

Shorter,

Thanks very much for your great praise ... I guess I can assume I'll be
getting a good review, eh? (And no, Lori's not a shill!)

Just wanted to provide one more bit of info to the list. If you go to
http://www.topfloor.com/techwr/ you can find a TOC, sample chapters,
testimonials, etc, and also order on line.

Thanks again,

Peter

Coming soon, "Poor Richard's Web Site: Geek-Free, Commonsense
Advice on Building a Low-Cost Web Site," Top Floor Publishing.
Visit http://www.poorrichard.com/ for sample chapters, Table of
Contents, almost 800 useful links for people setting up Web sites,
examples of free and low-cost Web-site utilities, and more.

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!