Finally! Frame 5.5 fix released

Subject: Finally! Frame 5.5 fix released
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 14:58:30 -0800

This, from the letter accompanying my Adobe FrameMaker 5.5.1 CD:

"As a valued FrameMaker 5.5 for Windows user, we would like to provide
you with a limited maintenance update to FrameMaker that addresses
problems discovered after the 5.5 product was released. This update,
version 5.5.1, is only available to those of you who have reported a
program crash and/or a somewhat obscure Windows installation problem to
our Technical Support team.

"We will have a full maintenance release of all FrameMaker products on
all platforms available in December. This release will automatically be
sent to all registered 5.5 customers so please be sure that you are
registered in order to receive this update. You may register your product
via the registration form inside the box, the online form within the
product or the world wide web,
http://cgi1.adobe.com/misc/prodreg/prodreg.cgi.";

I left all of the grammatical errors in for your Friday amusement. If
you've been experiencing the side head crash bug, make sure to call tech.
support so they can send you this CD. I haven't used it yet, myself, so I
can't verify that it fixes the problem....

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!