Re: cross reference between documents

Subject: Re: cross reference between documents
From: John Sullivan <John_Sullivan -at- VOS -dot- STRATUS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 13:52:00 EST

Ooops! I think I just re-posted Tim Altom's entire message. Sorry about that;
I'm still getting used to the email here.

What I meant to do was express my opinion that Tim's response isn't
particularly helpful to the original poster. There's a way of referencing
text in external documents with Word (I don't remember the specifics); if I
were the one asking the question, I'd expect suggestions on how to do it in
Word (there's probably a Word-specific list, though), not a recommendation to
throw away what I have, spend a bundle on Frame, learn how to use it, convert
everything over...

The Frame vs. Word war can't be won by either side. If there's a way to do
what you need to do with the tool you already have and know how to use,
there's absolutely no reason to throw it away.

Just my two cents' worth. My opinion only.

John R. Sullivan
Stratus Computer

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!