Re: deselect etc

Subject: Re: deselect etc
From: Joe Miller <joemiller -at- CANBERRA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:29:35 -0500

Maureen,

>"....you will have to depress the Control key...."

>Just another example of why we should reread what we write before
>we send it to the printer!

Just about every engineer here seems to feel overblown words are
mandatory: they write "depress the key" fairly consistently, not to
mention "circuitry" and "functionality".

I once complained to someone about this tendency, asking "Why
don't they write like they talk, for heaven's sake?" The reply was,
"They do!" This, alas, is all to probably true.

I'd add to your comment with, "We should carefully edit what
others have written." <G>

--Joe
joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!