Re: hardware for Framemaker

Subject: Re: hardware for Framemaker
From: "LaTorra, Michael" <MLaTorra -at- SCGROUPINC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 09:35:43 -0700

I wrote:
I used Frame running on a UNIX workstation from HP. It was
wonderful (I
> wish I were still using it!). However, I realize that most
people are
> limited to using either PCs or Macs. In that case, I would
recommend a
> Mac.
>PCs were far and away the most
> trouble prone. Macs were considerably less so. And UNIX boxes
had the
> fewest problems of all for Frame users.

David Mason responded:

> Come on...thats a buch of nonsense. Mac has as many problems as PCs...

I reply:
Thanks for your opinion. Do you have any specific evidence with regard
to Frame that PCs and Macs are equally good? And do you disagree with my
claim that UNIX is better than either of those for running Frame?

Michael LaTorra
Technical Writer

SCGroup Incorporated
7777 Market Center Avenue
El Paso, Texas 79912-8412
USA

Tel: 915-877-3900
Fax: 915-877-7296
E-Mail: MLATORRA -at- SCGROUPINC -dot- COM