Re: Bullets

Subject: Re: Bullets
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:29:49 -0500

Hi Damien,
I looked this up in Procedure Writing: principles and practice*,
by
Wieringa, Moore and Barnes (Battelle Press, 1993).
In their section on lists, they cite research to suggest that for
lists with three or more entries, extra white space is preferable. Their
example shows indents.
They state that, for one or two items, use of white space is
optional.
They say, "Each item in the list is emphasized by being surrounded
by white space so that readers can easily and efficiently scan through the
list." (p 121)
There's more but all I have time for!!

Mary

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.