Re: Of HTML Frames, WebWorks, and FrameMaker ADDED CLARITY

Subject: Re: Of HTML Frames, WebWorks, and FrameMaker ADDED CLARITY
From: Brian Heifner <bheifner -at- RATIONAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 14:38:19 -0800

> Problem:
> Is there a way to specify the file displayed in the "main" frame
> when accessing the frames.html document?

I should have said
Is there a way to specify the file displayed in the
"main" frame when accessing the frames.html document
*from a seperate document*?

I have a default file set in the frames.html doc for the "main" frame.
What I want to do is specify the contents of the "main" frame when
linking to the frames.html document.

I am envisioning a link something like this:
<A HREF="../Reference_Guide/frames.html" MAINFRAME="chap2.html">.
where MAINFRAME is setting the contents of one of the frames.

I am setting up some files to try this as I type.

Thanks,
Brian Heifner.

--
Brian Heifner Email: bheifner -at- rational -dot- com
Technical Writer Tel: 503-690-1116 ext. 6743