New Spam Trick

Subject: New Spam Trick
From: Joe Miller <joemiller -at- CANBERRA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 14:36:39 -0500

I start a message session by going through all listserv
messages, deleting those I don't want to read. This,
obviously, includes messages headed "Make $10,000,000
in just 2.65 seconds with my amazing...". But just now, I
received a message with no subject and naturally, I started
to read it. Yech! Spam!

The obvious defense is to dump messages with no subject.
Not a problem until I realized that some of us occasionally
forget to include a subject. Please help me, and all of us,
by remembering to include a subject so I'll have a chance
to read your message.

--Joe
joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com