Fall in love with PDFs all over again!

Subject: Fall in love with PDFs all over again!
From: "Mulcahy, Laura" <laura -at- AGENT -dot- INFODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 13:13:02 -0400

Hello,

My company (Infodata) purchased a small, California-based company (Ambia) this summer. I wasn't too riveted with excitement at first, but when I realized the products this company had, I nearly lost my mind with excitement. => The tools are a tech writer's dream come true, and while it may be terminally uncool to promote your company's own products, I think you'll soon understand why I feel driven to share this info with the TECHWR-L list. These products are otherworldly, and I'm not exaggerating...

Please read the following blurbs. They are worth it!

RE:MARK (product #1) is an Acrobat Exchange plug-in that enables you to mark-up (annotate) PDF documents. Re:mark takes your changes/additions/suggestions to the PDF, and overlays them onto the original PDF document. The Re:mark tool palette gives you the power to write directly onto a PDF (w/the pen tool), record voice annotations (w/the microphone tool), paste in sticky notes, cross out entire sections, highlight sections (and elaborate in pop-up text boxes), and more. This product is a dream child for anyone who deals with PDFs on a regular basis. No more printing PDFs and manually editing them; with Re:mark, edit directly onto the document, save your changes, and send the PDF back to the original author. It's fabulous!

COMPOSE (product #2) is another Exchange plug-in, enabling you to auto-create Table of Contents documents, indexes, hotlinks, etc. Compose enables you to tie together disparate chunks of separate PDFs into one cohesive document, and add new headers and/or footers. Compose creates bookmarks, and enables you to edit the way the bookmarks are displayed (hierarchically). Compose brings hyperlink power to PDFs; graphics become links, glossary items become links, and pages can be linked between themselves. The product also enables you to displays thumbnails of your PDF pages, and it has a security manager to protect your work. One of Compose's most powerful features, Batch Meister, brings together the various independent tools to act on batches of documents at once, saving formatting time.

Hopefully, you now understand why I am in love with these products! And yes, I seriously lack a life... ;->

Please email me if you'd like info on how to contact our salespeople, or check out our Web page (www.infodata.com), and click on the Products & Services link.

Have fun!