Re: Techwriter Aptitude Test (A Daydream)

Subject: Re: Techwriter Aptitude Test (A Daydream)
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:58:57 -0500

Why should we expect users to sit down and read user manuals? I don't
think it means our docs are bad -- I think it means our users are busy,
impatient people who have jobs to do. If we remember that, and we
remember how we use documentation ourselves, we can write better docs
that suit the needs of those people.

I *use* manuals when I need to get something done. I *read* them out of
professional interest.

A.
--
Alexia Prendergast