Re: hardware for framemaker

Subject: Re: hardware for framemaker
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:48:47 -0700

Allyson writes:

> * how much RAM is ideal? (We have 32 MB now.)
> * how much hard disk space? (Some of us have 1 gig, the rest have 2
> gigs.)
>
> Our Framemaker instructor told us we need at least 2 gigs if not more,
> and
> 64 MG of RAM.

Hmmm. The instructor must be getting kickbacks. ;-)

Very few of us here at ILE have 64 MB of RAM, and I've run Frame 5.1.2
on my system at home with a 420 MB hard drive. If you can get 64 MB of
RAM, go for it--can't hurt. If not, don't worry. Your 1 GB drives will
be fine, although you might want to invest in Zip or Jazz drives (or
some other removable medium).

Bill Burns
Senior Technical Writer
ILE Communications Group