RTFM!

Subject: RTFM!
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:05:26 +0000

Over the years I have found that there are two types of people - those who
read the lit and those who don't. RTFM is aimed squarely at the latter
type. From input from tech support NOT reading the manual is common and
varies from company to company - they get to know which ones are which.
For example they frequently get call on how to add keys to one of our
access systems - the manual has a whole chapter on adding key plus there is
a quick reference guide. First question they ask is "have you got the
manual there? Go to page x x!"

As to it causing offense - generally I've only ever heard it used "locally"
where people agree with the sentiment!

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International