Re: pdf files on laptops

Subject: Re: pdf files on laptops
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:57:42 -0800

Annalee Foster wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have received mail from a few of you indicating that pdf files are
> miserable to deal with on a laptop. I need to know specifically why

I think it depends what type of PDF files and what you mean by "deal
with." It is surely horrible to deal with an 8-1/2 x 11 PDF layout
displayed in full page view on a 640 x 480 display. By contrast, the
same information displayed with a smaller "page" size on the same
display might be just fine. It's a resolution issue -- not a diffeerence
between laptops and desktops.

Hope this helps ...

- David Knopf

David Knopf Tel: 415-731-8398 david -at- knopf -dot- com
Knopf Online Fax: 415-731-8399 http://www.knopf.com/
* Writing * WinHelp * Web Sites * Training * Consulting *
"Blue Sky RoboHELP Certified Trainer"