Re: Acronyms--RTFM

Subject: Re: Acronyms--RTFM
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:35:17 -0600

> Consider the statement RTFM not as a matter of personal morality but as
> a tech writing issue:
>
> 1. Prime Directive: Consider the audience. By including the F, you make
> a gross assumption about your audience, whether they be your readers or
> fellow writers. You assume that they swear, or at least that they will
> have some appreciation for your use of it.

Er... did I miss something? Surely nobody is using RTFM in their docs? I
thought this was just amongst ourselves.

BTW, John, do you ever use "snafu?" :-)

Tracy
Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Vocational and Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm