Re: Printing PDF graphics, or See grown man weep.

Subject: Re: Printing PDF graphics, or See grown man weep.
From: Melissa Fisher <MFisher -at- AUTOMATEDLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 16:47:15 -0500

Mike writes:
I just installed the AdobePS 4.1 driver. No go.
Mike, I am FAR from being a Distiller expert, but Adobe has a version 4.2
printer driver that came on the FrameMaker 5.5 install CD; I'm sure it's on
their web site too. Maybe this would be of some help.

Since you seem to be at your wits end, I feebly offer to you my distiller
settings, which have never failed for me. Also, I use the Adobe Distiller
3.0 printer driver...instructions for installing this are in the readme.wri
file shipped with Acrobat 3.0 (in the main Acrobat3 directory on my PC).

Distiller-Job Options-Preferences
Compress text and line art: ON
Color Bitmap Images: Automatic Compression ON; ZIP/JPEG Medium
Grayscale Bitmap Images: Downsample ON at 72 dpi; Automatic Compression ON;
ZIP/JPEG Medium
Monochrome Bitmap Images: Downsample ON at 300 dpi; Manual Compression ON;
CCITT Group 4
everything else OFF.

Distiller-Job Options-General
Compatibility: Acrobat 3.0