Re: Salaries in the technical writiing field

Subject: Re: Salaries in the technical writiing field
From: Barb Ostapina <Barb -dot- Ostapina -at- METROMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 09:37:57 -0500

Original message:
I am currently trying to compile information on the kinds of
salary being offered to technical writers in various different fields and
at various levels of experience and seniority (in both the US and Canada).
As well, I am curious as to various annual incomes of independent
contractors and freelancers. Any information you can give me would be
appreciated.

STC published a "1997 Technical Communicator Salary Survey" as a supplement
their Intercom magazine of Aug/Sep 1997. If you are an STC member, you
should have
received one. If you aren't, perhaps you can purchase one (it has $10.00
printed on the top
of the front cover). Contact STC at (703) 522-4114, stc -at- stc-va -dot- org, or
http://www.stc-va.org.
Barb