Re: Framemaker 5.5 side head crashes

Subject: Re: Framemaker 5.5 side head crashes
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:08:12 -0500

From Adobe:

>This week we are creating a FrameMaker for Windows NT/Win95 CDROM which
fixes the sidehead crash* and a somewhat obscure install problem that
roughly 30 users have encountered. It will be shipped next week
priority
mail to everyone who has reported a 5.5 crash to technical support.

>Our French and German products have not released, yet. The fix is
being
incorporated into the new media being pressed for French and German
(which
of course also includes English/UK). The media will be created for all
products all platforms.

>If you are a registered user of FrameMaker 5.5, you will be sent the
second CDROM automatically (all platforms). That being said, it is
important for you to register your 5.5 product ASAP if you have not
already
done so. You can do this via the web at URL
http://cgi1.adobe.com/misc/prodreg/prodreg.cgi

>European customers who believe they are suffering from this crash may
receive the update free of charge from Adobe Technical Centre in Europe.
Their number is: (47) 22 90 05 00.

I went ahead and ordered mine.
--
Alexia Prendergast