editing web sites--look no further

Subject: editing web sites--look no further
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 20:51:53 -0500

Hi--
A couple of weeks ago, I asked techwhirlers for advice about
writing for the
Web, looking for exactly ideas like "one page info:. I haven't followed up
on the
info yet, but here it is, along with belated thanks and an apology the
post took so long:

http://www.tdandw.con/web_style_guides.htm
http://www.dsiegel.com/tips/index.html
http://usableweb.com/items/guidelines.html
http://www.sfu.ca/StyleGuide-Hallisey/
http://www.htmltips.com/
http://www.webweek.com/1997/07/07/undercon/19970707-strong.html
http://world.std.com~vieweb
http://www.world-ready.com/index.htm
(Hit links: reading on the web, web
publishing sites)
http://www.search.hotbot.com/index.html
(hit web monkey, web 101)
http://info.med.yale.edu/caim/manual/index.html

-Sorry for any typos. That's what I wrote.
Also, people referred me to the following books:
Standards for Online Communication by Joann Hackos & Dawn Stevens
Designing and Writing Online Documentation by Wm. Horton
Hypertext in Context by McKnight, Dillon & Richardson (Cambridge
UP, 1991)
Thanks again,

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)